SECOND CALL FOR PAPERS
Submit Abstract Title & Category by April 9, 2014
Submit One-Page Abstract by May 5, 2014
Submit Presentation by July 7, 2014
Online live presentation: July 21-24, 2014
Proceedings published in a web archive: September, 2014
Proceedings published in a PDF book: October, 2014
There are no limits to the amount of presentations one author can submit. Feel free to submit as many as you wish.
1. One-Page Abstract deadline: May 5, 2014.
2. Write an abstract that describes your presentation in one page or less.
3. At the top of your abstract, please state:
a. TITLE of presentation
c. AFFILIATIONS of authors (if no affiliations, leave blank)
d. CONTACT INFO (email, web, affiliation address, country)
e. LANGUAGES used in presentation, both sign and spoken languages (can be presented in multiple languages)
f. STATE A CATEGORY that best fits your submission:
• SignWriting in Education
• SignWriting in Literature
• SignWriting in Software
• SignWriting in Research
4. Send your Abstract to both these email addresses:
5. Acceptance notices will be sent shortly after your Abstract is received and reviewed.
6. Abstracts will be posted on a SWS-2014 web page, which is still under construction.
1. Presentations deadline: July 7, 2014
2. Your presentation can be ANY length you choose, just as long as it is about SignWriting.
3. There are three Presentation Venues: written papers, slide presentations and video presentations.
a. Written Papers accepted in the following formats:
b. Slide Presentations accepted in the following programs:
• Google Docs
c. Video Presentations accepted in the following formats:
4. Software demonstrations through download links can also accompany any of the above three venues.
5. You can present in one, two or all of the above three venues.
SYMPOSIUM LIVE ONLINE
You are welcome to join us live on the Symposium dates: July 21-24, 2014, on the web.
We will provide a schedule of online events, and information on how to use the software to present online, if you wish to participate live on the web. But there are no requirements to present live. Your written papers, slide presentations and video presentations will represent your work, with or without your live participation.
Before the presentation deadline, we will announce how to post your presentations on the web directly.
We look forward to reading and viewing your work with SignWriting, and to possibly meet you in July, online or in person...
SignWriting Symposium Submissions
SignWriting Symposium 2014 Web Page
SignWriting Symposium 2014 on Facebook