forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5762  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann2
Date:  Wed Oct 3, 2001  9:29 pm
Subject:  Re: Sign-Symbol -Sequence here: variation

Hi Valerie and SW List members

thank you for your explanations - now I understand -
and I guess it is pretty helpfull to clarify the term definitions -

On my search with google on signwriting.org website I found a hint and
read the article about : Supporting Deaf Sign Languages in Written Form on
the Web" from Antonio Carlos da Rocha Costa

a friendly hello to the folks in Brazil -

on page 2/12 he says :

The set of information concerning a symbol being used in a sign comprised ,
at the end, seven items :
- variation (indicating complementary transformations)

I am far away from understanding these software problems and I admire and
feel so gratefull to those who provide these wonderfull programs so that I
as a user can work with them in order to create more SW literatur for my
students .

So there is another definition of "variation" - is this true ? May be Carlos
can comment on this ?

So all in all your answer is a great help to go on with my private
understanding of your incredible job on typing thousands of symbols in order
to complete some sunny morning the SSS.

Bye for now

Stefan ;-)

Of course I know about the difference between a symbol and a sign and in the