forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5754  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  "Angus B. Grieve-Smith"
Date:  Tue Oct 2, 2001  10:31 am
Subject:  Re: SW44 in NT

On Mon, 1 Oct 2001, Valerie Sutton wrote:

> Thanks for this information...Isn't that interesting? A DOS emulator
> for Windows NT - when I asked about that I was actually half-way
> kidding - but I now see that everything exists!
>
> If it really costs $300, then I would think purchasing Windows 98
> would be cheaper..and probably a lot easier to use too...

True, but then whoever owned that computer would need to set it up
as dual-boot between Windows 98 and Windows NT. This program would let
someone run a DOS window while still running NT/2000 at the same time. I
don't know why Hector's employers chose Windows NT, but I'm assuming they
had a good reason.

--
-Angus B. Grieve-Smith
Linguistics Department

  Message 5754  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index