forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1246  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue May 11, 1999  11:41 pm
Subject:  Re: Color Coding SW Symbols

Wayne Smith wrote:
> I'm not visually oriented - I'm very much auditorily oriented - so
>color coding would be lost on me. But it wouldn't bother me if it were
>color coded. For those of you who are sensitive to color, and perhaps
>especially for children, it might be a very good idea. I think the only way
>to learn the SW symbols is to read them and use them a lot. Don't know if
>it would help anyone learn them per se.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's interesting, Wayne. How does a person who is "auditorily oriented"
function in the world of signed languages? Somehow you are absorbing the
visual, or you wouldn't understand signers. That must be quite hard ....

This does bring up another point.... some people are color blind, and
cannot see colors as they really are, so then color coding would be lost on
them.

So let's see...I have had four comments from people...three really loved
the color coding, and one feels it probably isn't necessary or is neutral
about it.....anybody else see the color coding on the web?

Color coded signs
https://www.SignWriting.org/learn005.html

Valerie :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Replies Author Date
1249 Re: Color Coding SW Symbols Joe Martin Wed  5/12/1999

  Message 1246  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index