forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5752  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Oct 2, 2001  5:18 am
Subject:  Trill or Tremble

SignWriting List
October 1, 2001

Stefan wrote:
>So here is my first question: What is the difference betwenn trill trill
>(03-04-002 SSS) and tremble (03-04-003 SSS)

Thanks for the question, Stefan. I have been trying to get short
names for each symbol...like "Trill-Trill", meaning more than one
trill.

The trill symbols have singles, doubles, triples and quatruples (one,
two, three and four openings and closings).

The triples and quatruples usually are used when a person just keeps
on doing it and doing it and doing it...to the point where the trill
becomes like trembling and you can no longer decipher the beginning
or the end of the movement...

The trembling symbols really stem from writing body movement. We have
placed trembling lines around the whole body....or even the head to
show general trembling excitement:
Attachment
Trill-Tremble.gif
Type: image/gif

  Message 5752  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index