forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5747  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  "Angus B. Grieve-Smith"
Date:  Tue Oct 2, 2001  1:57 am
Subject:  Re: Translation Software Sign Languages

> >Thu, 27 Sep 2001
> >Dear Valerie,
> >I remember a while back that someone on the list was talking about
> >developing software to translate signed languages. I just received this
> >posting from the Colorado Deaf list today and thought I would pass
> >it along....
> https://www.signtelinc.com

Yes, we discussed this a bit on the Sign Language Linguistics
List. Thanks to whoever passed this on to Valerie.

Actually, based on the information on their web FAQ, their
software does absolutely no translation. All it does is play videos of
Signed English signs in the order that the English words were spoken.
And for this they want $4,000?

--
-Angus B. Grieve-Smith
Linguistics Department

  Message 5747  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index