forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4300  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  "Angus B. Grieve-Smith"
Date:  Sun Dec 3, 2000  2:58 am
Subject:  Re: SW -spelling - fotos - your opinion

On Sun, 3 Dec 2000, Stefan Woehrmann wrote:

> I asked a very very famous German talkmaster for his support. He is on
> TV 4 times a week and very popular. His gestures and facial
> expressions are wonderfull materials.

I like the idea of photos, Stefan, but does this man know DGS? If
he doesn't, he'd be good at doing what you request, but he wouldn't
necessarily produce fluent DGS.

One idea I had was: if it's something your students are signing
but you don't know how to write, why not take a picture of them signing
it? On the other hand, there are ethical and possible legal issues
involved. In the US, most schools require a teacher to obtain consent
from the parents before distributing observations of students for research
purposes.

--
-Angus B. Grieve-Smith
Linguistics Department

  Message 4300  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index