forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5833  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Mon Oct 29, 2001  5:49 am
Subject:  Darin's Diagram New Mexico

From: "cmf"
To: "Valerie Sutton"
Subject: Darin's pdf
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001

To Valerie and SignWriting list members,

There has been a mishap with posting Darin's reflections to the list. My
apologies. Since Valerie has created such an impressive collection of
children's 'literary' reflections about the Terrorist attack, I wanted to
re-post one more student's expressive writing about the event. You will
notice many similarities to Julio's written document and that is because the
two students were 'co-writing' at that moment, 'the day after'. There is
however, one significant portion of Darin's document that illustrated for
me, once and again, the power SignWriting extends to Deaf childrens' written
expression. Darin wrote about a feeling from within him, a place in the
center, where this profound feeling of 'quiet' or 'calm' or 'stunned' state
of being emerged. In his own words, in his own language, Darin's comment
truely reflects what we all felt the moment we heard or saw what occurred
that day, Sept. 11, 2001.

Cecilia Flood

Attachment
Darin.gif
Type: image/gif

  Message 5833  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index