forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5759  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Oct 2, 2001  5:26 pm
Subject:  Re: SW stories to share? ;-)

SignWriting List
October 2, 2001

SW stories to share.....

SWITZERLAND
Members of the SignWriting project in Switzerland wrote to me. I
received great joy from reading their report...

The Swiss project is an ongoing project that will take several years.
They are writing Bible stories and other literature in Swiss-German
Sign Language in SignWriting. They videotaped the signing of several
old testament Bible stories, and are now working on writing those
stories in SignWriting, and saving signs in their SignWriter
dictionary as they go along...

Recently a Norwegian Deaf woman joined their team in Zurich. She
apparently knows SignWriting from Norway...Great to know that
different research groups in Europe are assisting each other with
SignWriting!

In the Swiss report, they told me a touching story....They printed
out the web page about the terrorist attack in the US, and posted the
SignWriting from the children on their office door...

So you can see the profound effect the children's writing is having
on the world...You have no idea how many educators from different
countries have read that article - it is really quite profound...

So today I am working on the new posting that will include the new
letters from the children in Canada...web postings take me time, so I
will sign off the list for today to get it completed...

Blessings to everyone -