forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5454  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Nancy Cole
Date:  Mon Aug 13, 2001  12:19 am
Subject:  Re: SignWriting in new school year

Hi Valerie,

Yes, I already posted my final version on the list. Richard and I are
working on other stories, but I don't know how I can get illustrations
without a scanner. I don't even have a computer at the high school, unless
I take my own. I was told that we would have a computer soon. So, I'm just
going to introduce signwriting to these students, and see how it goes. So
far they are very interested. Since it will be Deaf Awareness week Richard
and I made signwriting of all the famous people and printed the article
about the Galludet protest. I've never worked with such an older group, but
it should prove to be interesting. Next year, I'll hopefully be back at the
Elementary school.

Also, I wanted to let you know that my student, Donny, changed his mind
about going to the Deaf School in Oregon, and will be staying here in Las
Cruces. His teacher contacted me here, and she is interested in learning
signwriting, or continue signwriting with him. She even looked at the
signwriting website. She is from Camino Real Middle School, so hopefully
she will contact you.

I'm curious if there are any teachers who are working with high school
students on the list? What kind of projects they are doing with their
students?

Well, that's all for now. So, if I finally finish these stories I'm going
to have to figure out a way to send the pictures. Well, will have to wait
until after school gets on it's way:)

Smiles
Nancy Cole
Las Cruces, NM