forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5133  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Jun 19, 2001  2:19 pm
Subject:  Learning Movement Symbols ;-)

Lorraine wrote:
>I on the otherhand continue to learn the basic writing of SW and still get
>stumped by the use of arrows (did you let out a slight scream there Valerie?

SignWriting List
June 19, 2001

Hello Lorraine!
I am quite used to this (no screaming here ;-)

I am happy to answer your questions, Lorraine... It is gratifying for
me to know that you are using SignWriting in such depth. I know how
busy your teaching schedules are...so now, while you have a vacation
from school, perhaps it is a good time to focus on this.

The movement symbols are based on "space", and planes that cut space.
Most signers do not think in those terms. They just sign. They know
their own language, and they are not used to analyzing the direction
of movement.

So you are not alone!

I can teach the movement symbols as we go through the Sign-Symbol-Sequence...
--

Val ;->