forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5130  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Jun 19, 2001  1:37 pm
Subject:  Sign-Symbol-Sequence (SSS)

>I'd like to learn about the Sign-Symbol Sequence.
> Angus B. Grieve-Smith

SignWriting List
June 19, 2001

That's great, Angus. As a computer programmer and linguist, you may
be interested in some of the computer aspects of "how to sort by
Sequence" and so forth...that is one aspect of this work.

Another aspect is learning the symbols themselves. And a third
aspect, is learning how to find signs that are sorted by SSS, in a
printed Sign dictionary.

Lots of different issues!

This summer, I would like to go through all the symbols, one by one,
with the SignWriting List. I will try to discuss them in the order
they appear in the SSS. I will be creating web pages simultaneously,
while I am teaching this on the List, so there will be reference
pages to review...
--

Val ;->