forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4525  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sat Mar 3, 2001  11:50 pm
Subject:  Re: QUESTION: Why don't PDF's download?

>Clicking on the link opened up my Adobe Acrobat plug-in in Netscape.
>However, the plug-in has a Save button in the upper left of the window
>which allows me to save the file........
>
>Another way, using Netscape in Windows 98 SE, is to right click on the
>link and chose "Save Link As." This would allow you to save the PDF file
>as a file.
>
>Bill

---------------

SignWriting List
March 3, 2001

Thanks for the great information, Bill and Jerry! This is very
helpful. It appears that only some browsers have the special Acrobat
plug-ins, forcing people to read PDF files online, without
downloading. But you are right...if you choose "save" you can then
download - so we just have to remember to save, if we want to keep
the PDF for later....

Without you two computer experts, I would never have known this....;-)
--

Val ;->