forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4397  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Mon Jan 15, 2001  3:57 am
Subject:  Re: Fingerspelling Animation on German SW Site

On 1/15/01, Stefan Woehrmann wrote:
>I took photos of my favorite team-colleague while he tried to speak as
>naturally as possible specific words that start with a special "Anlaut"
>Then I listed all the different signs we developed to describe the
>articulation. Our sound -set is really so accurat that I´m able to write
>almost every German word with these symbols and any German would know what
>you are talking about ;-) You find it on my homepage:
>GebaerdenSchrift lesen lernen : ÜbersichtMundbilder

SignWriting List
January 14, 2001

Hi Stefan - Thanks for sharing this with us...What an accomplishment!

Your writing of mouth movements in SignWriting is wonderful.

I believe you are the first to apply SignWriting to teaching Deaf
children speech and lip reading in this way.

For those who are curious, the web page (url) is the following:

Writing Mouth Movements in German in SignWriting
(Developed by Stefan Woehrmann and his team ;-)
https://www.Gebaerdenschrift.de/read/Mundbilder/mundbild_lesen_lernen001.htm

For those new to email and the web....in most email software, the web
address above should appear in the color blue, or highlighted in some
way. Just double-click on that address with your mouse, and that will
take you directly to that web page....

Then scroll down to the photos of the mouth...I think you will find
it very interesting!

You might want to vist another web page, which gives an overview of
all the mouth movements. Just double-click on this web address:

https://www.Gebaerdenschrift.de/read/Mundbilder/uebersicht_mundbilder.htm#Übersic\
htMundbilder

Keep up the great work, Stefan!

Val ;-)

  Message 4397  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index