forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1407  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Mon Jun 7, 1999  2:01 am
Subject:  Re: Need Your Advice on SignWriter Menus

>>I am writing to ask your advice about the new SignWriter 5.0 design [for
>>>display of menus].
>
>Consider implementing menus as skins; for example, see what the Mozilla
>project describes at https://www.mozilla.org/xpfe/ConfigChromeSpec.html
>
>-- Greg Noel, retired UNIX guru

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Greg!
Thanks for this information. I looked at their web site for two minutes
(grin), and I am not sure I understand - is this for java applications, or
is it Java script which is different? - Since I am not a programmer I am
not sure what it is all about :-)

Meanwhile, my original question was for the end user - I need to know from
people who plan to use SignWriter 5.0 - Would you rather have the Menus in
international icons - like a scissors for "cut", and a picture of a
keyboard for "type"...or would you rather have the Menus written in signs
or words?

That is my question - which is better - language or pictures when it comes
to Menus?

Meanwhile Greg - give me a call and we can talk about skins :-)

Thanks again for your input -

Valerie :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Valerie Sutton

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

The DAC, Deaf Action Committee for SW
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Replies Author Date
1409 Re: Need Your Advice on SignWriter Menus Greg Noel Tue  6/8/1999
1411 Re: Need Your Advice on SignWriter Menus Valerie Sutton Tue  6/8/1999
1419 Re: Need Your Advice on SignWriter Menus Angus Grieve-Smith Tue  6/8/1999
1424 Re: Need Your Advice on SignWriter Menus Valerie Sutton Tue  6/8/1999

  Message 1407  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index