forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 1240  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Caroline Readman
Date:  Mon May 10, 1999  1:57 pm
Subject:  Re: Answers for Valarie and Wayne

In a message dated 5/9/99, 9:30:20 PM, writes:
<<<< Where do you interpret and how are you thinking of using SignWriting with
your work? >>

Hi Valerie,

I work at Northern Illinois University. I'm thinking of using SignWriting to
keep a record of new ASL vocabulary. We have a large vocabulary file in our
office but often the English descriptions of signs are unclear or inaccurate.
Some of my co-workers and I plan to learn SignWriting so we can share
information more precisely.

Hi Wayne,

I'm sorry I don't know the reference for the children of Deaf adults study.
I heard it on a radio news report about a year ago and I don't remember who
conducted the reasearch. I wish I could be more helpful.

Dawn

Hi Wayne.

I'm from Illinois too. You're about 1 hour and 45 minutes from me. I used
to go to Waunbonsee in Sugar Grove for one year then moved back to Rockford.
SignWriting is a very good written language, and I hope NIU will use it with
their students as well.

Caroline

  Message 1240  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index