SignWriting List Archive 1
October 1997 - May 1998

Search by Date Search by Subject

Search Archive 2 Search Archive 3

January 15, 1998
MESSAGE TO THE SIGNWRITING EMAIL LIST

SUBJECT: DAC Year-End Report Posted

Hello Everyone :-)

As you know, SignWriting is sponsored by our non-profit, educational organization, the Center for Sutton Movement Writing. This time of year is when we do our "end-of-the-year" bookkeeping and reporting. I do the bookkeeping and my Dad prepares the Treasurer's Reports. Together we tackle the unending paper work required of those who run non-profits in the USA :-)

Every year I write a "Year-End Report". Since we are a public non-profit, I think it is only appropriate that I post our "Year-End Reports" on our SignWriting Web Site for the world to read. This is the first time I have done this. I plan to post all of the "Year-End Reports" from 1989 until the present.

I just completed and posted the Year-End Report for 1997. You can read it at this address:

DAC Year-End Report, 1997
https://www.SignWriting.org/year1997.html

Also...

All SignWriting members are invited to our Annual Membership Meeting, held every February in La Jolla, California. This year it will be held on Sunday, February 8th from 3:00 to 5:00pm. If you are a member and would like to attend, you should receive an invitation in the mail, but if you do not for any reason, please contact me and I will send one to you.

For those of you not familiar with our organization, SignWriting Members pay $15.00 annually. They receive discounts on all of our publications and workshops, plus contact with other members. Plus their support helps us continue, which we truly appreciate :-)

Recently someone suggested holding the Annual Membership Meeting over the Internet! What an interesting idea - hmmmm. Who knows? Maybe next year :-) But this year I would rather meet you in person!

Many good wishes -

Valerie :-)